Some of the first questions we're asked when we tell people that we are planning to adopt are "Can you not have any more children?" and "Did the doctor tell you not to try again?" I'm sure there are more who want to ask, but have refrained. I'm just going to explain it so you don't have to wonder!
As far as we know, we could have more children and the doctor assured us that things should be fine. He believes our miscarriage was caused by an incompetent cervix. They can watch for that and "fix" it. To be honest, we were trying to have another child when we each individually felt God lead us to adopt instead.
Who should we listen to? The doctor or our miracle-working God? Adoption doesn't seem logical from our earthly point of view. It's time-consuming; it costs a lot of money; there are no guarantees; the time-frame is almost completely out of our hands. Do we live our lives according to logic or God's plan?
Adoption is something I have to keep casting on the Lord. I don't totally understand, but I know we are doing our best to follow God's plan for our lives. At times I remind myself, if God really does want us to adopt, He will provide and He will work out all the details in His perfect time. I'm responsible to follow Him.
While I was cleaning/organizing for the home study visit (coming this Tuesday at 10 AM), I came across some notes I'd written while reading the Feeding of the 5000. I was so encouraged when my eyes fell on this statement, "Jesus can multiply what seems like insufficient supplies and make them MORE than enough."
I choose to trust Him and to follow Him. I'm trying not to live where things make sense, but to trust God to do the supernatural!
Amen Sister!
ReplyDelete