Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Progress

I haven't blogged for a while because there hasn't been much to write about - at least not about the adoption.  Both Brad and I were blessed to serve on the Fall Emmaus teams.  Wow!  Talking about that could take several blog posts, but that's not why I'm writing tonight.

We're getting close to being done with our part of the adoption process.  Brad had his physical and TB test today.  He took the cats to the vet to be immunized and to get a statement from the vet that they're safe to be around children.

We still need to legally establish guardianship of our children.  (We should have had that done years ago, but it's a tough decision to make, especially knowing that situations change in families regularly and we don't want to reassign guardianship every year.)

We also need to have Infant and Child CPR/First Aid Certification.  We're having some trouble finding someone certified to train us.  Please pray that God will work out the details.

Once we have these things turned in, I thing the agency will be able to complete our homestudy and we will be able to start applying for grants.  We'll still have a couple things to do that the agency requires, but that aren't part of the homestudy. 

We're getting close to being done with all we can do and it's exciting.  Please pray for God's direction, provision, timing, etc.

1 comment:

  1. You might try the local community college. I know the one here has CPR cert. classes.

    ReplyDelete