Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Both Hands & Paperwork Progress

We got a call from Lifesong for Orphans yesterday.  They approved us to do the BOTH HANDS fundraiser.  We are excited and have quite a bit of work to do to get a team together, etc.  Please pray for us as we organize the project, etc and pray that God will be glorified through this fundraiser.  If you want to read more about it, you can see our previous blog post or go to http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/bothHands.html

Today we did our fingerprinting again.  Everything has to be done within 12 months of the child's placement in our home.  So, we've been redoing physicals, criminal checks, etc...  I must admit it's been a somewhat frustrating week because I've been confused about some of the paperwork.  After several people helped me, I think today I finally understood what we're supposed to do.  I don't say this to complain.  In fact, I almost didn't admit it.  But, if any people reading this are in the adoption process, they need to know that the adoption journey has it's ups and downs.  Hold on!!!  It will be worth it!

Some quotes from Hope for the Journey that have really encouraged me are


“This is what God has called us to do. We know it’s messy; we know it’s uncomfortable, and it’s going to turn our lives upside down, but this is God’s heart.” ~ Steven Curtis Chapman

and

"The adoption journey is not easy, but every hour of toil, every obstacle encountered, every tear shed, every sleepless night--all are but a shadow of the price that God paid for us."

and

“Looking back at the wait and setbacks we had endured to adopt our son, God’s timing could not have been more perfect. God knew exactly how to connect us to the child he created for us.” ~ Kerry Hasenbalg

No comments:

Post a Comment