Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Katelyn's Fund Grant

Last week we were interviewed by phone by the board of Katelyn's Fund.  Only four of the board members were able to make it (so they said we had an easy night), but we shared our story and answered their questions.  At the end of interview, they each prayed for us and our adoption journey.  It was wonderful to have them take time to pray over us.  What a privilege and a blessing.  We knew they were interviewing others and would then be praying over applications and we should hear from them in around three weeks.

This week has been a little difficult as we've been waiting to hear about our no-interest loan for which we applied.  We were told the review usually takes 4 to 6 weeks and then we'd be notified by e-mail or phone.  Monday marked 7 weeks since they received our application.  If we are approved, we should be able to tell our agency that we're ready to be matched.  I know I need to remember that I'm waiting on the LORD, not a loan.  I also know that He is using each detail to help bring us the son He wants to be part of our family.  Knowing these things helps, but it doesn't take away the anticipation or the emotions that go with the process.

I was encouraged yesterday by the following passage.  "...waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But, the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along." ~ taken from Romans 8 (The Message)

We received a call today from Sheila at Katelyn's Fund.  She said we've been approved for a full grant - $3000.  Praise the LORD!!!  I was so surprised to hear from them already.  It was such an encouragement in the waiting.  We can't tell our agency that we're ready to be matched yet, but evidently God is not ready for us to be matched.  And, as a framed quote in our first agency said, "Faith in God includes faith in His timing."

No comments:

Post a Comment