Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

God Is Guiding

I missed Bible study last week because Brad and I were on a date.  :) 

I was finally able to listen to the lesson this afternoon (Esther Session 6 by Beth Moore).  Wow!  It fit our situation so well.  Beth referred back to a story she shared in session 3 about their bird dog.  Sometimes the dog will see a squirrel and go to full point.  Beth's husband has to literally pick the dog up (it's still in full point) and turn her a different direction so they can continue on their walk.  Beth shared that God often uses a crisis in our lives to change our direction.  That night (session 3) my mind went to our miscarriage and how God used it to lead us to adoption, a totally different path than we had planned.

Today as Beth reminded us of the dog story and shared that "God appoints or allows circumstances (often crises) in our lives to redirect our paths" my mind went to the closing of the agency through whom we wanted to adopt.  I feel a lot like Beth's dog - I was at full point (completely at peace with adoptiong through BCAS) but God has picked us up and turned us a different direction.  I just feel like He hasn't put us down yet.  We do NOT know the direction He wants us to go.  The funny thing is, that's okay.  We are at peace knowing God knows what He is doing!  We trust His plan!  (Little by little the control-freak in me is learning to let go and let God direct my steps ONE AT A TIME!!  I'm learning to rest in Him and let Him be the One in control.)

Please continue to pray for us as we seek God's direction!  We want His will -- whatever that means!  We plan to explore some adoption options because we believe God has led us to adopt.  We are not pounding on lots of doors, but are trying to be sensitive to how God wants us to proceed.  If He totally closes the adoption door, we are okay with that too.  We are blessed to know that God is in control and He is not at all confused with our situation.  We trust that He will reveal His plan in His time and in His way.

We have had a truly exciting answer to prayer this week!  Brad found a used van for us.  It's a 2005 Town & Country.  It was everything we wanted and we were able to pay cash for it!  God is so good!!!
To God alone be the glory!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment