Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God's Confirmation

We serve an amazing God.  He speaks in so many ways.  I love it when He reinforces lessons I'm learning in multiple ways.  Our lesson at Bible study confirmed what He's teaching me about waiting and being content in where He has me right now.  It also gave me a wonderful way to view it!  First I want to share some of what God's been teaching me lately.

I've been listening to some of John Piper's sermons.  (As a side note, you can download his sermons for free at http://www.desiringgod.org/.  I'm not saying I totally endorese everything he says.  There are tons of sermons there.  But the ones I've listened to so far have greatly challenged me - especially his sermons on unbelief and the sermon titled "Are You Humble Enough to Be Care-Free?" based on I Peter 5:5-7).

I've listened to Piper's sermon "Battling the Unbelief of Impatience" several times.   In it he says, "The opposite of impatience is not a glib, superficial denial of frustration. The opposite of impatience is a deepening, ripening, peaceful willingness either to wait for God where you are in the place of obedience, or to persevere at the pace He allows on the road of obedience—to wait in His place, or to go at His pace. "
Right now, we are waiting in the place where He has us and we are very content.  That has to be God, because I'm not by nature a patient person, but He is working in me.  PTL!!!

Here were the main points of our Bible study lesson and (how it applies to us specifically): 
Taken from Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore Session 5

It's important to know...
1.  When it's time.
2.  When it's time to wait.  (Obviously it's time for us to wait in the adoption process.)
3.  When it's time to wait for someone else's time.  (We can't adopt until the time is right for the birthparents.)
4.  When the meantime is God-time. 
          Never in our wait is God inactive.  Something is up.  Something is happening in the heavenlies.

We lose our strength when we wait upon the event, the thing, the person, the baby, ... 
As Isaiah 40:31a says, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength."  I'm NOT to be waiting for the time I get to adopt a baby boy.  I am to WAIT UPON THE LORD and He promised to renew my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment