Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Why? - More Questions About Our Adoption

Why are you adopting?
Are you scared of another miscarriage?
Are you adopting because you’re afraid of having another miscarriage?

Again these are fair questions, but much easier to answer than the question about replacement (addressed on October 21st). These answers overlap some of what I wrote on October 18th, but take a slightly different angle.

First, “Are you scared of another miscarriage?” Sure. I was scared of miscarriage before I had one. It was much harder than I imagined; yet I’ve had greater peace than I ever dreamed possible. I’m thankful for what God has taught me during the past year. He has shaped and molded me more during this difficult time than in many previous years combined. I believe I’ve become more sensitive to the needs of others and I understand grief better. I’ve seen God take tragedy and make something beautiful. I’ve known the peace that comes from being carried through a storm by a loving God. I know our God better now than I did a year ago.

I don’t think I could ever choose to have a miscarriage, but I wouldn’t trade what I’ve learned through it. The doctor has assured us that we should be able to prevent a similar miscarriage in the future. Of course he can’t be certain, but one thing we are certain of is that IF God allows us to lose another child, He will be with us and will again carry us through!!!

“Are you adopting because you’re afraid of having another miscarriage?” NO! Absolutely not!!!

“Why are you adopting?” There are many wonderful reasons to adopt, but the bottom line is we are adopting because we believe God has definitely led us to. He led us to adoption in several ways and confirmed His leading thorough various means. We don’t know exactly what His plan involves or why He is guiding us this way, but we are following His plan the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment